Country Quilt

Monday, January 12, 2015

Ruler Food Store

A while back a new food store opened here in the area called Ruler Foods.  Ruler Foods is a division of Kroger.  The majority of the products sold there are an off brand or Kroger brand, but you will find a few name brand items throughout the store.  I never want to visit a new store right when it opens because there is usually many other people checking it out too and then it gets crowded and crazy. I don't really like crowded and crazy.  Today we were out of a few things and my hubby mentioned that I should try out the new store.

The parking lot only had a few cars in it when I pulled in so that was a plus already.  Of course, I'm sure people did all their shopping last weekend when they were calling for bad weather again.  That didn't happen.  Again.

You do have to pay for your cart, 25 cents, but you get it back when you return your cart.  Just like at Aldi's.  You also have to bring your own bags or you can buy theirs for 10 cents a piece.  They are plastic but they are big and can be reused.

The store was really clean and spacious.  The aisles were nice and wide.  I went up and down each and every aisle without ever having to get out of the way of someone. All the products on the shelves were nice and neat.

I thought they had a great selection of food.  I found some things there that Aldi's does not carry and I have to buy them at one of the major supermarkets.  Some of the things I found there that I can't get at Aldi's were unsalted Saltine crackers, canned sliced potatoes, colby/jack cheese squares for my daughters lunch box, and midget sweet pickles.  It was worth the trip just to get those few things for a cheaper price than at the supermarket. The prices fluctuated in comparison to Aldi's.  Some of the prices were the same, some were cheaper, and some were more expensive.  Some of the things I got that were cheaper were frozen mixed veggies for 89 cents and grapes for $1.99.  I bought apple juice for my youngest and it was the same price as Aldi's.

I have not tasted any of these products yet, but I'm sure they are just as tasty.  We used to shop at Kroger all the time when I was living at home and the store was in the area.  We had a lot of Kroger and Cost Cutter brands in my mom's kitchen cabinets.  My husbands first job was as a bagger at Kroger.

I will visit the store again and buy some other items to test out.  It was a nice experience and if you have a Ruler Foods in your area, I suggest you give them a try, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment