Country Quilt

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Fresh Thyme

We have a new store here in the Metro-East, it's called Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market.  It has only been open for 2 weeks.  I did go on opening day, but it was crazy and I didn't look around too much.  Today a new ad came out so I ran out there to purchase a few things.  Still busy but not as crazy.

This market is all about being healthy.  It carries organic products, gluten free products, dairy free products, good for the environment products, tons of fresh produce, as well as items you can purchase in bulk.

I love the way the store is laid out.  It looks so pretty and colorful.  Their meat department has the most awesome looking meat.  I haven't purchased anything from the deli yet because it is very crowded around there.  They even have a department where they may their own different varieties of juice.

My family has started eating better for the most part.  I think I am going to be that person that does 80% healthy food and about 20% regular food.  I still like some of the box food for convenience.  I don't see shopping at this store for all my grocery needs but maybe venturing out once a week when the ads come out seems like a good plan.

One cool thing about Fresh Thyme is that their new sales ads come out on Wednesday.  If you shop on Wednesday you get the sales prices for the week before and the current week. It's called "double ads Wednesday".  Yay for me since I scored those 97 cent strawberries again.

Today they had some really good prices for their meat.  This was the whole reason for the trip.  Their grass fed beef, chicken, and pork were all on sale.  I paid $15.00 for 5 lbs of beef and my local grocery store had 3 lbs for $21.00.  I bought some of their chicken breasts too.  They were huge!!!  I had to cut them in half.  I spent $10.00 on chicken and after I cut the breasts in half and put them in the freezer.  I figured I have 4 or 5 meals with chicken alone.  Not too bad!

The store does have some buy one get one deals too.  I took advantage of this deal and bought some organic salad dressing.

Another favorite of mine that this store carries is the Immaculate brand cinnamon rolls.  These are delicious.  They are huge and they don't have the yucky stuff in them. A little treat for the girls who don't have school on Friday.

Only bad thing that happened is I forgot the soy sauce.  :(

If you haven't yet, check out this store. The prices might be scary for some people but you have to have the mind set that it's better quality food for your body.  If nothing else, shop the ads only.  I really like it and hope it will help me stay on track with the healthy eating.



1 comment:

  1. This store sounds nice, wish it was here in Chicago, Whole Foods needs a competitor!

    ReplyDelete