Country Quilt

Sunday, January 11, 2015

No Super Bowl Party for me....again

I am a huge football fan!  I have been watching football since I was in single digits.  Dad and I used to watch the games on Sunday afternoon when I was younger. Or listen to the St. Louis Cardinals on the radio while doing the dishes. (Yeah, now I'm dating myself by talking about the football Cardinals).  The only time I disliked football is when a game would run long and push back Walt Disney World on Sunday nights.  Don't mess with my Escape to Witch Mountain!

 My team of choice is the Dallas Cowboys.  They have always been my favorite.  I've been watching them since Tom Landry was the coach.  I had posters of Troy Aikman in my bedroom at home and in my dorm room at college. I even had my high school American History teacher nickname me Dallas.  I've seen them play a few times.  Once at Soldiers Field against the Bears, and a couple of times here in St. Louis against the Rams.  I got tickets to the Cowboys/Rams game for my Anniversary this past year!  Still need to get to Arlington, Texas to see them on the home turf.  That is a dream that I can hopefully fulfill on day.

Well, tonight Dallas lost to the Packers so my season is over. My family from Wisconsin is loving it though. Could blame the refs for a rotten call but then again Romo was sacked 3 times.  No Super Bowl party with gray and blue for this household.  They did have a good season and have gotten farther than they have in recent years but I was hoping for an all the way.  Sigh. Maybe next year.  I seem to keep saying those words every January.

Now that Denver is also out of the running for the Super Bowl, (one of my favorite Cowboys was traded to the Broncos this year Ware 94), I will be watching the Super Bowl for the commercials.  The one time of the year no one goes to the bathroom or talks during the commercials.

Only 97 days until baseball season!   I am a huge football fan but an even bigger Cardinal baseball fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment