Country Quilt

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!!!

I can't believe that 2012 is here.  It used to seem so far away from 1972 and 1982 and 1992 and 2002.  I have been somewhat dreading this year for the past several years. It's not because I don't like a new year.  I think a new year is a wonderful time to restart various things in my life!  It's not because I don't like the number 2012.  My favorite number is 2 and there are two of them in this year!  It's because I don't like the number 40!  What am I talking about?  This is the year I turn 40!  I just can't even believe it.  I don't feel like I'm going to be 40.  I still feel like I'm 20 but with a bunch of aches and pains.

My birthday is in November, so I have plenty of time to get myself in order.  I am not going to turn 40 and be looking like a slob, unhealthy, angry all the time, and just miserable.  (By the way, that's pretty much how I am now, BUT I WILL NOT be like that when I'm 40).  So instead of doing New Year's resolutions this year, I am making myself a new me for my birthday!  I have 11 months and a few days to get some of this weight off, eat healthier, and exercise more.  I also plan to make myself some happiness by spending more time with my kids, going out with my husband, and just doing things that I like to do (scrapbooking, puzzles, writing letters to people, blogging).  I also want to get myself in check with God.  I have gotten away from reading the Bible, praying consistently, not just when someone has a need that arises,  and just spending time with Him. 

So here's to a New Year and a New Me!   Stay tuned to my blog as I will keep you updated on the progression to the big 40!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the BIG 40! Mine happens next Friday! I can't believe it! Not real excited about it...but what do I do? I go to FL! At least I will be somewhere warm while I celebrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to sit down and chat "Happiness Project" with you. You can do it and I'll be cheering you on the whole way! 1972 was a good birth year....some of my favorite people are turning 40 in 2012!

    ReplyDelete