Country Quilt

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My love/hate relationship with the supermarket

I love going to the grocery store!!  I hate going to the grocery store!!!  I love going to the grocery store!  I hate going to the grocery store!!  Those are my thoughts each time I leave the grocery store.  One time is great.  The next not so much.

I love going to the grocery store because it's time to myself.  As a mother of three, going to the grocery store can be the most relaxing time I have all week.  Especially if it's empty, I have all the right coupons, and there are sales galore.  Sometimes I hang around in the fresh food section just so I can listen to light relaxing music coming from the ceiling.  I will stroll through each aisle whether I need to or not just because I can.  Sometimes I even go down the liquor aisle because I have no one that will touch the glass bottles.   (Yeah, that's the reason.)

I hate going to the grocery store because everything I want that is on sale is gone!!  They had great deals the other day.  10 for $10 and I even had coupons to make the items cheaper.  Did they have them on the shelves?  Nope.

I love going to the grocery store because it makes me happy and to know that I am blessed to have the means to provide for my family and very thankful for the job Harry does to make this happen.

I hate going to the grocery store because everything I need is NOT on sale!  What do you mean cheese is $3.49 a bag?  Hamburger $4.19/lb?!?

I love going to the grocery store because it also makes me happy to see my shelves full of food knowing that my kids will not go hungry.

I hate going to the grocery store because everything I bought last week is now on sale THIS week!!
Shredded cheese 2 for $4.00.  GRRRR!!

I love going to the grocery store because I love the excitement the girls have looking in the bags to see what I bought.  "Yay, Yogurt!"  "My favorite chips!"  "Macaroni and cheese!"  "She bought doughnuts!!!!"

I guess my love/hate relationship with the grocery store will continue until I have my own fields to grow fruit and veggies, my own cow to make the dairy products, my own chickens for eggs, my own butcher because there is no way I'm going to kill that cow or chicken for meat after I just petted it and talked mushy to it and thanked it for giving me the milk and eggs, and my own baker because I just can't make doughnuts like they do.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same love/hate relationship with the grocery store too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the grocery store, if I can go alone! I hate carrying them in and putting them away! ;)
    Julie Martin

    ReplyDelete