Country Quilt

Friday, January 6, 2012

Feeling Yucky!

The last couple of days has found me either laying in bed or on the couch.  I came down with some sort of bug and it has wiped me out.  I haven't been sick like this in at least 3 years. 
\
Yesterday my wonderful husband took the day off so he could take the girls to school and watch my nephew.  He even did the dishes!!  I took to sleeping upstairs most of the day.  When I wasn't sleeping, I was coughing my head off.  Today, I made it to the couch and spent the day there with my Ellie.  We watched Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, read a few books, and played with her new Leap Pad.

After the older girls got home from school, they went outside to enjoy this warm January weather and I couldn't stand not doing anything.  So I decided to get up and clean up the house and make dinner.  While I was doing stuff, I realized I must be crazy!  On a normal day, I find myself griping and complaining because I have to do the normal household chores when all I want to do is lay around on the couch.  Here I have the opportunity, even though it's through sickness, to lay around all day and I decide to get up and clean because I just can't sit around.  Well, whether I'm crazy or not has yet to be seen but the house does look nice and I am feeling a little better since I got up and moved around. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure glad I didn't share this yuck with you....but it's nice to know you're not alone in your suffering :) Once we're both back to our normal selves we need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete