Country Quilt

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In - Week 8

It is an exciting day for me on weigh in Wednesday!  I was bummed last week because I missed the first goal I set for myself by .5 lb.  This week, I am excited to say that I have made my first goal of 10 lbs lost.  -1 lb this week.  To congratulate myself, I am buying 2 Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks for my collection.  Yay me!! 

Last week, I also set a goal to add some weights into my workout.  I did get a couple of workouts in this past week.  I can't believe how sore my arm muscles were from doing 2 sets of lifts with a measly 2 lb weight.  That just goes to show how out of shape I'm in.  I used to lift weights all the time in college, now I'm lucky to lift 2 lbs over my head 15 times.  Sad,  but...it's a start with the weights and I am pleased that I followed through.  I even had a little personal trainer helping me along the way. The book that I am reading said that when you hit your 30's because of hormones and lifestyle changes, you start losing 1/2 to 1 lb of muscle a year. Because of this, your metabolism slows down 1% for every lb of muscle lost. Then, your percentage of body fat increases.  That doesn't sound very promising for me as I push very close to 40.  The book goes on to say that if you work every major muscle group just twice a week, you can replace 2 lbs of lost muscle in 8 weeks, therefore increasing your metabolism and dropping more wieght.

I am really pleased with my eating habits.  They have changed tremendously in the last 8 weeks definitely for the better.  I don't feel full all the time because I'm not snacking all the time and the snacks that I am eating are low fat, low cal.  My focus this week, is to increase the strength training to 5 days a week. 

My new overall goal to achieve is to lose 31 lbs.  31 lbs will take me into the 100's which I haven't seen in a very long time.  I know it's a long and tougher goal but I am hoping that will make me work harder.  As a side goal there is a pair of jeans that I have that I would like to get into before the cold weather hits. Here's hoping for a good week.       

1 comment: