Country Quilt

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In - Week 5

Ok, it is Wednesday again and time for the weekly weigh in.  Whose with me???? 

This week I really worked at watching what I ate and exercising.  I was completely without soda this week.  Nothing but water and tea.  I walked outside 4 days, did the elliptical 2 days, and 1 day nothing.  So that scale better be kind to me today or out the window it goes.  OK, here we go!!  This week I am -5 lbs!!!  Yay, Me!!!

That makes me feel so much better.  Vacation weight is gone plus the 1 lb I lost when I started 5 weeks ago.  Now only, well a lot more to go.  But I'm not going to focus on that.  I am still shooting for my first goal of 10 lbs lost.  Halfway there!!!  I went to the doctor last Friday just for a yearly check up.  She did bloodwork to find out how my cholesterol and glucose were due to my obesity.  Everything came back normal.  Which I was thrilled.  I'm not ready to start popping pills for this and that yet.  Just need to shed these lbs.

As I said in an earlier post, the walking outside has actually got me more motivated to exercise.  It is a change of pace and scenery.  I have something to look at when I walk and fresh air to breathe.  I think I will keep it up as long as I can.  I have been walking for a half an hour a night at a pretty brisk pace.  Still can only do about 20 minutes on the elliptical.  I really push myself to hard on that thing.  I can't seem to keep it at a slow and steady pace.

Here are some of the fun things I have found to eat that have helped me lose this week.  I have to have a snack.  If I don't have a snack, I will crave it and then just relapse.  My favorite by far is the Kellogg Fruit Crisps.  You get 2 crisps for 100 cal.  They have strawberry and blueberry flavored.  It's like your cheating and eating a pop tart.  Of course, I need my chocolate so I get that fix from chocolate animal crackers (13 crackers for 100 cal) or a fat free chocolate pudding which is only 80 calories.  I also made myself some sugar free jello that is only 10 calories a serving.  I have substitued chips with pickles and kept fruit clean and available at all times. Snacking has always been my downfall.  Being a stay at home mom and almost constantly in the kitchen, food is staring at you and calling your name at all hours of the day and night.  If the girls want a snack, I usually get them one and then pop a few of the snack in my mouth as I close the bag.  That begins to add up when you have 3 kids asking for different snacks at different times.

Well, I have to say that was a pretty good week.  Looking forward to next week and some more negative numbers.  My goal for this week is to continue exercising every day. Next week, I'll also let you in on some of my favorite breakfasts.   

2 comments:

  1. YEAH! Keep it up girly! You'll get me back on track (after the State Fair! haha).

    ReplyDelete