Country Quilt

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In - Week 7

Good morning!  A week has come and gone and it's time to weigh in again!  Those weeks sure do seems to fly by.  Hoping to meet my first goal this week.  Here we go....-2.5lbs.  Missed my goal by half a lb!!!  Well that's a bummer.  But the good news is that I will have it next week so I better start thinking of a reward for myself.

Once again, exercise has been an important part in my weight loss.  I have gone for a walk every day this week.  Sometimes it was very early morning before the girls went to school, sometimes after dinner when Harry got home from work.  I am really enjoying it!!!  One of the books I am reading says that "walking just 1 hour a week slices your risk of having a heart attack in half".  I think my heart might love me for all the walking that I am doing.  I did fail in one aspect.  I was going to start some weight training this week and I didn't.  So, that is my goal for the week.  My cousin Becky let me borrow a book that has easy 10 minute workouts using weights.  Stayed tuned to see how it turns out.

Making sure I ate healthy lunches was helpful in my weight loss this week, too.  Lean ham sandwiches on one slice of bread, turkey bacon sandwich, a salad with oven roasted chicken pieces (Schwann's has oven roasted chicken bites that are fully cooked and only 90 calories for 6 pieces), and tuna fish salad with Miracle Whip light on toasted English muffin.  Pretzels, pickles, and fruit have been used in the place of chips.  Need to pick up some celery and carrots the next time I'm at the store to add to my lunches.

Thanks to my husband for watching the kids so I can go for my walks this week and thanks for saying we're broke so that I have to stay home and cook instead of going out to eat.  :)  A big thank you to all of you for giving me postive reinforcement to keep going.  It helps tremendously to know that you are being supported by friends and family.  Looking forward to next week when I reach my first goal and making plans for my second goal in weight loss. 

1 comment: