Country Quilt

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Thankful Month

I am going to make a huge effort to start writing my blog again and to stay on top of it.  I love writing!  It's really a form of therapy for me to relax and to concentrate on something I like to do. (Which doesn't happen very often because I tend to put everyone else and their problems before mine).  I have had many friends tell me that they miss reading my blogs.  So, I am starting now!

It's hard to believe it is November!  I think the last time I posted something here was very early in the year.  November is a great month!  Two of my favorite holidays are this month, Thanksgiving and my birthday, which happens to fall on Veteran's Day.  November gives us a time to concentrate on those things that we are thankful for.  Granted we should be thankful any day of the year.  But, when life gets in the way, it's nice to have one month out of the year to help us remember what we have to be thankful for.  Many of my Facebook friends are doing a countdown to Thanksgiving by telling everyday something they are thankful for. I love reading everyone's posts.  It give me a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing my friends and family so blessed. I think I will jump on the band wagon and use my blog to record those things that I am thankful for.  Since this is the first of November I have a few days to catch up on.

Day 1:  First and foremost I am thankful that God loves me enough that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross so that my sins will be forgiven and someday I will live forever with Him in Heaven.  Having faith in God is what keeps me going most days.  I may not always find time to pray, or read my Bible, but I always know that He is there for me and that I have hope no matter what the circumstances.

Day 2:  I am thankful for my husband!  I am thankful that he is a good husband who loves me no matter what kind of mood I'm in.  He loves me no matter what kind of ratty clothes I wear. He loves me even when the house is unkept or when we have Taco Bell instead of a home cooked meal. He is a wonderful father to our girls.  He makes sure to kiss and hug them everyday.  He tucks them in and says I love you to them every night.  He helps them with piano lessons, school projects, teaches them about space and stars, and watches Mythbusters and Pawn Stars with them.  He is everything I had hoped for when I was dreaming of my Prince Charming.

Day 3:  I am thankful for my three beautiful girls!  They are my life and I love them more than I could ever imagine.  They are caring, fun, smart, talented, happy, loving, and all around good girls.  Each one of them brings something special to our family.  I am so proud of what kind of ladies they are becoming and I can't wait to see what the future holds for each one of them.  God has truly blessed me when He made me a mom to these girls.

Day 4:  I am thankful for my parents for without them I wouldn't be here!  I am thankful that I have a mom that I can talk to whenever I need to.  I am thankful for her advice when needed on cooking issues or child issues.  Even though we don't always get along or see eye to eye, I know that we can always get past the obstacle and start over.  I am thankful that I have a dad who is still alive and kicking.  He has been through a lot of health issues this past year and I am thankful to still have him around.  I am thankful that he gave me my love of sports - from listening to Cardinal games and sports shows on the radio while doing the dishes together to watching football games on a Sunday afternoon. And even when I'm at my wits end,  I am also thankful that I have a big enough house that both my parents were able to stay with me while recuperating from their major surgeries.  After all the years of them taking care of me, I am thankful that I have the means to take care of them when needed.

Day 5:  I am thankful for my sister, brothers, sister-in-law, brothers-in-law, nephews, and cousins.  It is fun to get together as a family and have ALOT of people in the house.  Kids running all over the place and siblings acting as if we are all still children ourselves.  I am thankful for the in-law siblings that fit in as if they were blood all along.  I am thankful for my cousin Becky, who is more like a sister than a cousin. She is my sounding board when needed and my "date" for various dinners out!

Just writing this list about family alone shows how blessed my life is and how much I already have to be thankful for and that's only after Day 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment