Country Quilt

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful Day #11

Today I am going to be a little selfish and say I am thankful for me!  Today was a milestone birthday for me...the Big 4-0!  I know at the beginning of the year I said I was going to blog about my road to 40.  Well life got in the way and that didn't happen.  But I'm happy to say that I did do some of the things I said I was going to do.  I started helping out at the girls school in their library.  I love straightening up the books and finding books to display on the shelves.  I also love when the kids come up to me and ask where certain books are or can I help them find a good book.  As for the weight loss, I didn't really get going on that until about June.  But since then I have lost 32 lbs.  I am fitting in clothes I haven't wore in a long time, I got rid of all my 3X clothes because I don't want to wear them ever again.  I am 8 lbs short of one of the goals I set for my weight but I plan to keep on pushing until I hit that final goal.  I feel better than I have felt in a very long time and I am happy with myself once again.

Even though I got a sick Wendy for my birthday, it turned out to be a really great day.  Harry made me my favorite breakfast this morning!  He even did all the dishes and cleaned up afterwards.  Instead of us running around I got to relax at home looking at some cookbooks my mom gave me for my birthday, got to see my sister who brought me a snowman she had made, watched some good football on t.v., played Hangman with Megan, and sat in the recliner with my Ellie.  Wendy slept most of the day but she did come down for present opening and cake (which Harry made for me all by himself and he even iced it and decorated it).  I got wonderful presents from my family which included a trip to the Fox to see Wicked in December.  As an added bonus, I got to spend my birthday with my dad which hasn't happened in a long time.  And as a second bonus, I got tons of birthday wishes on my Facebook from friends from all over the place.

I am truly thankful that God has blessed me with a wonderful family that cares about me, great friends who take time out of their schedules to wish me a happy day, good health, a serving heart, and an all around great life.

Happy Birthday to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment