Country Quilt

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Holiday # 2 for February - Super Bowl Sunday!

Happy Super Bowl everyone!!  Even though it's not considered a "national" holiday, it's still a holiday!  Why, even the stores think it's a holiday.  They now have Super Bowl decorations, plates, napkins, cups, balloons, cookies, and cakes.  Some of it's just football theme others actually says NFL Super Bowl and the date.

Being that I am a huge football fan, I enjoy the Super Bowl even though my beloved Cowboys haven't made it to the Bowl in years.  (Come on Romo, get your butt in gear!)  I love the excitement and the suspense.

I LOVE the commercials!  Some years they are my favorite part of the game.  There are usually new movie trailers released during the Super Bowl too.

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is the half time show!  Last couple of years they haven't been worth watching.  
It should just be Bon Jovi every year.  I don't know why the half time committee can't see that.

Anyway, today we are just celebrating with my little family.  We have our Super Bowl food:  nachos, mini corn dog muffins, Jello jiggles in the shape of football helmets grape for Ravens and Cherry for 49ers, toasted raviolis, cheese sticks, Jalepeno Poppers, Artichoke Dip, and for dessert Cupcakes with footballs on them.  I do have my football plates, napkins, and even two balloons:  one for the Ravens and one for the 49ers.


I don't care who wins this year.  It would be nice to see future Hall of Famer Ray Lewis go out with a bang but it would also be neat for second string quarterback Kaepernick take the win.  Good luck to both teams and here's hoping for some blue jigglers for next year.






No comments:

Post a Comment