Country Quilt

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Winter

I love the winter time!  Of course, it comes with some really good holidays, but I like it because of the weather the most.  

We finally got some snow this winter.  It really wasn't enough to do anything in.  No snowman and no sledding but it was enough the girls got to bundle up and go out and play for awhile.  I think snow is so pretty when the sun shines on it.  Although my favorite time to look at snow is at night.  It started snowing a little bit last night right before I went to bed.  I stepped out on the front porch and just watched and listened.  I love the glow the sky gets where it's like an orangeish/yellowish color.  It is so quiet that you can actually hear the snowflakes hit the ground.  

This year we have had some really windy nights.  I love to lay in bed and listen to the wind blow.  It makes me feel all cozy and snug. Although today we have really high winds during the day.  I was running some errands and the wind is so strong, when I came out of the building, I couldn't catch my breath until I got into the car.   

I love the clean, crisp, cold air that winter brings. I also like it that when I'm cold I can always get warm with a cozy blanket or a comfy sweatshirt.  In the summer time, it is so much harder to cool off, especially with high humidity.

I also like that in the winter it gets darker earlier.  (Of course, we are on the upswing and it's staying lighter longer these days).  A couple of months ago we were riding in the van and just out of the blue my 10 year old says how much she likes it when it gets darker earlier because it seems so cozy.  I have never mentioned to her that I thought the same thing.  Guess the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree. :)

There are a few things that I don't like about winter:  the stupid static electricity that is everywhere, the dry skin, ice, and no baseball.  

Spring is only 30 days away and spring training for the Cardinals starts tomorrow.  I will continue to enjoy winter until it comes around again in December.  If I could just have one good snow to make a snowman and to go sledding and maybe throw a snow day or two in there, that would be cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment